mandag den 28. maj 2012

I am nobody; I have nothing to do with explosions.

I'm no more your mother
Than the cloud that distils a mirror to reflect its own slow
Effacement of the wind's hand.
A space for thing I am given,
I am only thirty.
I am your opus,
I am your valuable,
I am learning peacefulness, lying by myself quietly.
I am nobody; I have nothing to do with explosions.
Now I have lost myself I am sick of baggage ---
I am a nun now, I have never been so pure.
Nobody watched me before, now I am watched.
And I am aware of my heart: it opens and closes
Its bowl of red blooms out of sheer love of me.
Pretending I am a negress with pink paws.
I am myself. That is enough.
I am inhabited by a cry.
I am terrified byt his dark thing
That sleeps in me;
I am incapable of more knowledge.
Why am I given
These Lamps, these planets
And I
Am the arrow,
I am red meat.
I am not his yet.
And I, love, am a pathological liar,
I'm doped and thick from my last sleeping pill.
Now I am silent,
I am hacking the hard potatoes like good clothes,
I am packing the babies,
I am packing the sick cats.
I am still raw.
O my God, what am I
That these late mouths should cry open
in a forest of frost,
I am a miner.
And I am dark-suited and still, a member of the party,
I am dragging my body
Quietly through the straw of the boxcars.
I am a letter in this slot ---
I am his.
I am sure it is unique, I am sure it is just what I want.
When I am quiet at my cooking I feel it looking.
'Is this the one I am to appear for,
I am ready for enormity.
I am flushed and warm.
I think I may be enormous.
I am so stupidly happy.
I am never, never, never coming home!
Daddy, daddy, your bastard, I'm through.
I am too pure for you or anyone.
All by myself I am a huge camellia
I think I am going up.
I am nude as a chicken neck,
Now I am milkweed silk,
I am rooted
If I stand very still, they will think I am cow parsley,
I am exhausted, I am exhausted ---
I am the magician's girl who does not flinch.
I am not Caesar.
I am no drugde
I am in control.
I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart: I am, I am, I am.


Sætninger (eller enheder) med 'I am' fra Sylvia Plahts Ariel og en enkelt fra The Bell Jar.